Awesome Social Media Holidays 2019
Latest posts by Sujoy Mukherji (see all)
- 13 Tips to Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur - November 8, 2019
- How Do You Nail A Digital Marketing Job - October 31, 2019
- 3 Types of Digital Products You Can Create and Sell This Week - October 25, 2019
If you are not new to social media, then you will probably know that there a lot of awesome social media holidays for almost everything.
Some of them are delicious like the National Donut Day while others are cute and adorable like the Bring Your Pet to Work Day.
At first, most people thought these holidays were ridiculous but in recent times more people are now participating in these awesome fun social media holidays.
Even though there are still some social media holidays people find ridiculous like the Wiggle Your Toes Day, most of the other social media holidays are met with enthusiasm.
And with the availability of many awesome social media holidays, social media users will not find it hard to get something to post on their social media platforms.
What’s so special about these Social Media Holidays?
Also, a lot of social media users use this social media holidays as an opportunity to improve their brand voice, share the brand culture and genuinely interact with their audience.
All of these social media holidays are assigned to different causes, people, foods and so on, so you will have plenty of ideas when it comes to posting content on your social media platform.
And also, people have found a way to connect these content ideas for social media platforms directly into their blog content.
With the amount of social media holidays out there, people will have a high social engagement which they can use by leveraging that audience to increase their email subscribers.
Almost every time you log on to Twitter, you will find that one or two social media holidays are trending then.
You might, however, find that some of these social media holidays are too ridiculous for your cause or brand which is why it is not considered a good idea to just share content on social media and the taking on a completely irrelevant hashtag just to increase the traffic coming to your website or blog.
But you might find other holidays that are relevant to your brand, cause or ideas.
This is why it is a great idea to make sure you are updated with the list of social media holidays that you can take advantage of on social media platforms.
You can use fun and relevant “holiday” content to promote your brand, cause or ideas on social media platforms.
There is an abundance of observance days that marketers can take advantage to share content relevant to their brand, cause or ideas, get involved with a movement or just create more awareness.
These days range from food to animals to politics and everything in between.
This is why a lot of people find social media holidays an essential tool for enhancing their content marketing strategy.
With social media holidays all around, you will not struggle anymore with what to post on your social media platforms.
And as a result of social media algorithms, these engagements are important for your social media success.
On almost every social media platforms, if your posts do not get immediate engagement on social media, it will not be shown to many of your followers as it will be considered too boring, but with many social media holidays around, you will be able to post content that many people will probably engage with and it will not be considered boring with most of your followers being shown these posts.
These social media holiday posts are not just successful, they make it easier for your audience to associate positive feelings with your business.
So, below I am laying down a list of awesome social media holidays that can help you develop popular posts and content on your social media platforms for this 2019 (June 2019 – December 2019) –
- June 16, Sunday, Father’s Day #FathersDay
- June 20, Thursday, World Refugee Day #WithRefugees
- June 21, Friday, National Selfie Day #NationalSelfieDay
- June 21, Friday, World Music Day #WorldMusicDay
- June 21, Friday, International Yoga Day #InternationalYogaDay
- June 21, Friday, Take Your Dog to Work Day #TakeYourDogToWorkDay
- June 27, Thursday, National Sunglasses Day #NationalSunglassesDay
- June 27, Thursday, National Handshake Day #HandshakeDay
- June 30, Sunday, Social Media Day #SMDay
- July 1, Monday, National Postal Worker Day #NationalPostalWorkerDay
- July 2, Tuesday, World UFO Day #WorldUFODay
- July 4, Thursday, Independence Day (United States)
- July 7, Sunday, World Chocolate Day #WorldChocolateDay
- July 11, Thursday, Cheer Up the Lonely Day #CheerUpTheLonelyDay
- July 12, Friday, Malala Day #MalalaDay
- July 15, Monday, Give Something Away Day #GiveSomethingAwayDay
- July 17, Wednesday, World Emoji Day #WorldEmojiDay
- July 18, Thursday, Nelson Mandela International Day #MandelaDay
- July 18, Get to Know Your Customer Day #GetToKnowYourCustomerDay
- July 26, Friday, Talk in an Elevator Day #TalkInAnElevatorDay
- July 30, Tuesday, International Day of Friendship #DayOfFriendship
- August 1, Thursday, Respect for Parents Day #RespectForParentsDay
- August 2, Friday, National Coloring Book Day #NationalColoringBookDay
- August 8, Thursday, International Cat Day #InternationalCatDay
- August 9, Friday, National Book Lovers Day #NationalBookLoversDay
- August 10, Saturday, National Lazy Day #LazyDay
- August 11, Sunday, National Sons and Daughters Day #SonsAndDaughtersDay
- August 12, Monday, International Youth Day #YouthDay
- August 13, Tuesday, International Lefthanders Day #LefthandersDay
- August 15, Thursday, National Relaxation Day #NationalRelaxationDay
- August 16, Friday, National Tell a Joke Day #NationalTellAJokeDay
- August 19, Monday, World Photo Day #WorldPhotoDay
- August 19, Monday, World Humanitarian Day #WorldHumanitarianDay
- August 20, Tuesday, National Lemonade Day #NationalLemonadeDay
- August 26, Monday, National Dog Day #NationalDogDay
- August 26, Monday, National Women’s Equality Day #WomensEqualityDay
- September 2, Monday, Labor Day #LaborDay
- September 4, Wednesday, National Wildlife Day #NationalWildlifeDay
- September 5, Thursday, International Day of Charity #CharityDay
- September 6, Friday, Read a Book Day #ReadABookDay
- September 8, Sunday, International Literacy Day #LiteracyDay
- September 8, Sunday, National Grandparents Day #NationalGrandparentsDay
- September 11, Wednesday, National Day of Service and Remembrance #911Day
- September 12, Thursday, National Day of Encouragement #DayOfEncouragement
- September 12, Thursday, National Video Games Day #NationalVideoGamesDay
- September 13, Friday, Stand Up To Cancer Day #KissCancerGoodbye
- September 19, Thursday, Talk Like a Pirate Day #TalkLikeAPirateDay
- September 21, Saturday, International Day of Peace #PeaceDay
- September 22, Sunday, Car-Free Day #CarFreeDay
- September 23, Monday, First Day of Fall
- September 25, Wednesday, National Women’s Health and Fitness Day #FitnessDay
- September 26, Thursday, European Day of Languages #EDL2019
- September 27, Friday, World Tourism Day #WTD2019
- September 28, Saturday, World Rabies Day #WorldRabiesDay
- September 28, Saturday, National Good Neighbour Day #GoodNeighbourDay
- September 26, Monday, International Podcast Day #InternationalPodcastDay
- October 1, Tuesday, World Vegetarian Day #WorldVegetarianDay
- October 1, Tuesday, International Coffee Day #InternationalCoffeeDay
- October 2, Wednesday, International Day of Nonviolence #InternationalDayOfNonviolence
- October 3, Thursday, National Techies Day #TechiesDay
- October 4, Friday, World Smile Day #WorldSmileDay
- October 5, Saturday, World Teachers Day #WorldTeachersDay
- October 7, Monday, World Habitat Day #WorldHabitatDay
- October 10, Thursday, World Mental Health Day #WorldMentalHealthDay
- October 10, Thursday, World Sight Day #WorldSightDay
- October 11, Friday, International Day of the Girl, #DayOfTheGirl
- October 13, Sunday, National Train Your Brain Day #TrainYourBrainDay
- October 14, Monday, National Dessert Day #DessertDay
- October 15, Tuesday, Global Handwashing Day #GlobalHandwashingDay
- October 16, Wednesday, World Food Day #FoodDay
- October 17, Thursday, International Day for Eradication of Poverty #EndPoverty
- October 20, Sunday, World Statistics Day #StatisticsDay
- October 21, Monday, Reptile Awareness Day #ReptileAwarenessDay
- October 24, Thursday, United Nations Day #UNDay
- October 25, Friday, Greasy Foods Day #GreasyFoodsDay
- October 30, National Publicist Day, #NationalPublicistDay
- October 30, Wednesday, Checklist Day #ChecklistDay
- October 31, Thursday, Halloween #Halloween
- November 1, Friday, World Vegan Day #WorldVeganDay
- November 1, Friday, National Authors Day #NationalAuthorsDay
- November 3, Sunday, National Sandwich Day #NationalSandwichDay
- November 4, Monday, National Candy Day #NationalCandyDay
- November 8, Friday, National Cappuccino Day #CappuccinoDay
- November 11, Monday, Veterans Day #VeteransDay
- November 13, Wednesday, World Kindness Day #WKD
- November 14, Thursday, World Diabetes Day #WDD
- November 15, Friday, America Recycles Day #BeRecycled
- November 16, Saturday, International Day for Tolerance #ToleranceDay
- November 17, Sunday, International Students Day #InternationalStudentsDay
- November 19, Tuesday, International Men’s Day #InternationalMensDay
- November 20, Wednesday, Universal Children’s Day #UNChildrensDay
- November 21, Thursday, World Hello Day #WorldHelloDay
- November 26, Tuesday, National Cake Day #NationalCakeDay
- November 28, Thursday, Thanksgiving Day #Thanksgiving
- November 29, Friday, Black Friday #BlackFriday
- November 30, Saturday, Computer Security Day #ComputerSecurityDay
- November 30, Saturday, Small Business Saturday #ShopSmall
- December 1, Sunday, World AIDS Day #WAD2019
- December 2, Monday, Cyber Monday #CyberMonday
- December 3, Tuesday, International Day of Persons with Disabilities #IDPWD
- December 4, Wednesday, National Cookie Day #NationalCookieDay
- December 5, Thursday, World Soil Day #WorldSoilDay
- December 6, Friday, Microwave Oven Day #MicrowaveOvenDay
- December 8, Sunday, Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day #PretendToBeATimeTravelerDay
- December 10, Tuesday, Human Rights Day #HumanRightsDay
- December 10, Tuesday, Nobel Prize Day #NobelPrize
- December 11, Wednesday, International Mountain Day #InternationalMountainDay
- December 13, Friday, National Salesperson Day #SalespersonDay
- December 21, Saturday, Crossword Puzzle Day #CrosswordPuzzleDay
- December 21, Saturday, First Day of Winter #WinterSolstice
- December 24, Tue, Christmas Eve #ChristmasEve
- December 25, Wednesday, Christmas Day #ChristmasDayx
- December 26, Thursday, Boxing Day #BoxingDay
- December 30, Monday, No Interruptions Day – Last Work Day of the Year #NoInterruptionsDay
- December 31, Tuesday, New Year’s Eve #NYE
To conclude, I feel social media holidays is a great way to connect with your audience by posting relevant contents.
Creating content around these ideas will help you to boost engagement and followers to your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post.
Let me know your thoughts or suggestions in the comments below.
And if you liked it, Share it!
Start Outsourcing All Your Social Media Work with Fiverr